The first step towards a fit and leaner body is to get on your feet, and take more steps, and most experts recommend taking 10,000 steps or more through the day for that to happen. When the idea of hitting the gym and working out for hours together to lose weight does not seem like a do-able option, there is an easiest way to stay active and to make sure you are burning calories, and that’s by putting one step before another. You can burn considerable amount of calories each week by making sure you are on the feet for most pat of the day, and trying to achieve a target of 10,000 steps and more because it can burn up to 0.5 kg a week. Research has proven that certain fat-burning enzymes shut down when you sit for a few hours at one place, without moving and when you get up on your feet and take a few steps, these enzymes will restart and get the fat-burning process into motion. So, if you are someone who is trying to lose weight but does not know where to start, it would be a good idea to start with 10,000 steps in a day along with following a weight loss diet such as on Rati Beauty app. If you are not sure about how to manage 10,000 steps a day, here’s a list of 10 Tips for Walking 10,000 Steps a Day to Boost Weight Loss.
Benefits of Taking 10,000 Steps Per Day:
1. Boosts metabolism.
2. Burns calories.
3. Aids in weight loss.
4. Keeps heart healthy.
5. Relieves stress.
6. Strengthens immune system.
7. Improves concentration.
8. Builds Muscles and tones legs.
9. Regulates blood sugar.
10 Tips for Walking 10,000 Steps a Day to Boost Weight Loss:
1. Invest in a Fitness Band: How will you track the number of steps each day? The activity tracker on your phone is a good option, but do invest in a fitness band and the good thing is you can get fitness bands from prices starting from 1000 INR. Studies have revealed that taking at least 10,000 steps helps to burn a good amount of calories, and can boost weight loss of up to 0.5 kg when coupled with healthy eating, so tracking every step through a fitness band tied on a wrist is a good place to start with.
2. Go for Daily Walks: The first thing one should do when trying to lose weight is to grab a pair of walking shoes and keep aside at least 30 minutes either in the morning or evening for brisk walking. We often underestimate the benefits of walking because it’s not a high intensity activity, but a majority of people who have successfully lost a considerable amount of weight, started with brisk walking and then slowly graduated to high intensity workout. Walking regularly not only helps one physically get healthy, it’s also a great activity to clear thoughts and boost mental health as well. Also, for people who are conscious of hitting the gym, walking is a great alternative. However, even when you are brisk walking, you can burn more calories than regular walkers and in this post, we would list out certain tips to accelerate your weight loss process. Just remember, one of the main reasons why one gains weight is because they are not walking enough. Being active not only changes your body, it also improves your mood and attitude. Though evening walks are equally good, morning walks come with added benefits – you can get fresh air and there are less distractions while you walk.
3. Stay Active Through the Day: NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use in the form of calories for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, and you can manage to add up a lot of steps at the end of the day. Read more about how you can include NEAT activities in your daily life here.
4. Make it a point to get up every hour and walk a few steps, for example, get a glass of water to sip on or just make calls while you are taking a stroll.
5. Park your car at the Far End of the Parking Lot: Make maximum use of parking lots to increase your step count by parking the car at the far end and walk towards your destination.
6. Go for Window Shopping: Go for window shopping and you would be surprised how many steps you have taken just taking look at amazing stuff in the stores. And this activity would not feel like exercise at all!
7. Walk and Talk on the Phone: Since we all know walking for just 10 minutes can burn up to 40 calories, imagine how many calories you could burn just by having extended gossiping sessions on the phone, all while being constantly putting one foot in front of the other.
8. Take the Stairs instead of the Elevator: This one is a cliched tip – always take the stairs and ditch the elevator to increase your step count and take it nearer to the 10,000 mark.
9. Walk your Pet: Taking your pet for walking is an effective and easy way to be active, increase steps, burn calories, and most importantly, trigger the release of the feel-good hormone “oxytocin.”
10. Walk During Ad Breaks on TV: Commercial breaks are a good time to get off that couch and manage some more steps.
Also, if you are on a holiday or vacation with friends or family, it’s easy to manage 10,000 steps per day. Even if it’s a business trip, stay as active as possible, and continue burning calories.
Also, if losing weight is a priority for you right now, check out the weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app. Download the Rati Beauty app on your phone for more details. Also, healthy food is not about deprivation or bland food anymore, do check out the diets to know more.
How To Burn Calories with Non-exercise Activity Thermogenesis
10 Things Fit People Do To Stay in Shape