When you choose extreme measures to lose weight (yes, we are talking about fad diets, meal replacement powders, etc), you would hardly lose any weight, and just after a short period of time, give up on the whole idea of weight loss because let’s face the facts, these are simply not sustainable, cannot be followed even for a few weeks. If getting healthy, lean, and fitter is your goal, it would be prudent to shun the idea of using fat cutting pills and detox programs that are not going to actually melt excess fat away (all you can drop is some water weight), and check out these 10 Most Realistic Ways to Lose Weight.
1. Start on Rati Beauty Diet Plan: It’s the fastest and also the safest way to drop extra weight and get to a leaner and better version of yourself. Not to mention, it’s also a sustainable weight loss diet. When you join the Rati Beauty diet, you would not only see the weight drop off but would notice inch loss as well, all without food deprivation or spending long hours in the gym. Download the Rati Beauty app for more details about these weight loss plans.
2. Don’t Compromise on Sleep, Come What May: Don’t even think about getting up from the bed without completing 7 hours of good sleep, not even if you have to miss morning walks or gym session (where you get to burn extra calories). You can do everything right – from eating as much as less possible and working out like crazy, but the excess pounds won’t come off without 7 hours of mandatory sleep. Also, cortisol which is the stress hormone rises without good sleep and would keep one hungry all through the next day. So, hit the snooze button if you haven’t gotten a good shut-eye the previous night.
3. Swap Unhealthy Foods with These Foods: The one thing you can do right away to drop extra pounds and to get healthy in general, is by swapping unhealthy food in their diet with healthy alternatives. Replacing these food items will help kickstart your weight loss process with full gusto and also would serve as small stepping stones to big successes. Read about “50 Healthy Food Swaps That Everyone Should Absolutely Try.”
4. Practice Portion Control: Eat whatever you want in moderation and you can get into calorie deficit to drop weight. Portion control will help you do just that. Read about “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss” in this post here.
5. Swap Dinner Plates with Bowl: Check this interesting fact, make that important switch from a dinner plate to a bowl. When you use small plates or bowls, you tend to take smaller amount of food and that would prevent you from eating more than you need. There are also studies that have found that your brain gets tricked and feels satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a plate. You would feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, dump that plate and pick a heavy bowl to have your food in.
6. Eat Half Plate of Veggies: You not only get to eat clean by filling half of your plate with veggies, it will also considerably cut down the calorie intake.
7. Include More Full-Fat Products: Just like carbs and protein, fat is also an essential macronutrient, needed in a percentage of 20% to 35% of daily calories. In fact, all body cells have fat content and our brain is made of 60% fat. Healthy fats boost metabolism instead of making it sluggish, reduce inflammation, aids in absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, and encourage the body to burn more fat. Avocados, butter, ghee, fatty fish, nuts, etc. are some good sources of healthy fats and the next time around, say yes to “fats” and no to “low fat.”
8. Stock These 12 Foods in your Fridge to Slim Down: People with the strongest will power fall prey to the goodies inside the fridge and that’s where most dieters falter because fridge is the shortest route to curb hunger pangs when you are watching tv or feeling just bored. What if we told you that when you open the fridge, the fare inside should be delicious, nourishing, and above all healthy, and can actually help you slim down. So, check out this list of “12 Fridge Staples that Will Help you Slim Down.”
9. Say Completely no to Processed Food and Transfat: High in sodium, calories, and unhealthy fats, processed food and transfat can cause rapid weight gain. And for this reason, here are “15 Transfat Food Items you should Avoid to Lose Weight Effectively.”
10. Lower Stress: Stress is as bad for weight loss as it is for overall health. Increased stress leads to increase in the hormone “cortisol,” which not only leads to weight gain, it also encourages storage of fat around the belly area. Find ways to de-stress and do not make losing weight a job to do, make it your passion. Here are “10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight.”
10 Tricks to Make Losing Weight Easier
12 Fridge Staples That Will Help you Slim Down